Posted this as an open-issue on the GitHub page.
This appears to be CLIENT-SIDE issue from what I can tell.
But, I wanted to make other server admin's aware, so that they don't
unknowingly hit the problem I have.
Otherwise, they might go nuts troubleshooting why they can't reconnect to their
own servers.

​[CS:S Beta] Opt-In/Opt-Out causes problems playing non-beta servers (after
opting-out)
https://github.com/ValveSoftware/Source-1-Games/issues/218

Details below ...

Note: This is all Steam client on Windows7, 64-bit.

Opted into the current Counter-Strike:Source beta.
Steam converted all my content into the new structure, etc.
Played some.
Of course, could only play on "beta" servers.
Decided to opt back out of the beta (to play some non-beta CS:S).
Steam "kind of" converted all the content back to non-beta.

Typically the problem I have since doing all that (in theory being back on a
non-beta CS:S client):

1) I'll connect to a non-beta server.
2) Play for a while.
3) Exit/close CS:S.
4) I leave Steam logged-in/running.
5) I start CS:S up again.
6) I try to connect to a non-beta server.
7) It says the server is running an "older version" of the game.
8) This will happen, even if I am trying to connect to the same (non-beta)
server I had been just playing on.
9) The only work-around right now seems to be to completely exit/log-out of
Steam!
10) If I log-out/close Steam completely, and start all over.
11) I am able to play on (non-beta) servers again - as long as I don't close
CS:S!
12) If I close CS:S, I won't be able to play on any CS:S servers again until I
close Steam, and start that cycle over again.