Hello!

Here is the expected schedule for the conversion of Source engine games to
SteamPipe:

Day of Defeat: Source: already happened
Half-life 2: Deathmatch: Wednesday, April 3 (DAY AFTER TOMORROW)
Counter-Strike: Source: Tuesday, April 16
Team Fortress 2: Tuesday, April 23

Our goal is to repeat the process that we used with the Day of Defeat: Source
switchover last week.  The "beta" dedicated server (The SteamPipe version of
the dedicated server) is actually the exact same server installation that will
host the clients after the switchover.  We will try to avoid releasing a
dedicated server update near the time of the client switchover, so that
SteamPipe dedicated servers can be up and ready, and as clients switchover to
SteamPipe, those dedicated servers will be ready to host them.

One note concerning the TF2 beta.  As you probably know, it's currently a
separate app.  (The TF2 beta client is App ID 520 and the TF2 beta dedicated
server is AppID 229830.)  About a week before the TF2 switchover, we'll
initiate a beta process identical to the one used for the other games.  We'll
release the Steampipe version of the official dedicated server (App ID 232250)
and an opt-in client beta available from the "betas" tab for the regular "Team
Fortress 2" application (App ID 440).  This beta client will have all the same
content as the regular game, will talk to the same item server as the regular
client, and will have all the same items in your backpack.  It will be running
App ID 440, not 520.  The only difference is that it will be using the new file
system with VPK files, it will have a different PatchVersion in the steam.inf
file, and will only be able to connect to SteamPipe servers.  To avoid
confusion between the two different types of TF2 betas, at that time we will
deactivate the beta client app 520 and dedicated server app 229830.  We'll have
further details on this process when we release the official dedicated server.

If you have questions that are not answered by this FAQ, now is the time to ask!
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7388-QPFN-2491

Thanks,
Fletch