I’ve had two incidents last week where it seems my servers suddenly lost
connection to Steam servers and booted nearly everyone off
the server.

Earlier last week it only happened to two servers, but yesterday this happened
to every TF2 server that I own. After the server got a
connection back to Steam, the players dropped showing this message:

L 01/05/2014 - 21:34:40: STEAMAUTH: Client xxxxx received failure code 7
L 01/05/2014 - 21:34:40: xxxxxx<675><STEAM_0:1:xxxx><Red>" disconnected (reason
"Invalid STEAM UserID Ticket")

I was wondering if anyone else has had these issues lately or if this is an
issue that only seems to be happening on our servers? I should
point out that the server didn’t not freeze/crash when this happened. Looking
at the logs, this happened in a matter of seconds and it also
seems that only a few players managed to stay on the server, while the rest
disconnected with that message.

- Miika