TimePath has been working on a bunch of libraries for Java. This might be of interest:

https://github.com/TimePath/hl2-toolkit/tree/master/src/main/java/com/timepath/hl2/io/demo

On 15/07/2014 4:59 AM, Ryan Kistner wrote:
 From what I understand, replays contain occasional full updates, but it
would require a more in-depth tool to parse through the replays to find
a full update to start extracting from. Your best bet would be one of
the dota 2 replay tools, however I suspect TF2 does not use protobuf for
its replay files.