Oscar. It writes a file to the HDD / SSD. That's what turns on the
encryption in the cmos / bios / firmware.

It is always best to completely wipe to make sure nothing is hiding.

But hey, I've recovered quite a few companies servers already....by all
means try whatever method you think best.

It was just advice, freely given. Which I usually charge $35. - $75. / hr.
for.

Good luck, and happy holidays.

-Stealth