Hi All,

HLDS (App 90) previously could be installed with anonymous login, but now it fails. After a few hours of trying and investigating, I found in content_log.txt that it tries to download from the following URL which results in a 401 Unauthorized response:

http://steampipe.akamaized.net/depot/71/manifest/9183617604528345869/5

I thought to give it a try and log in with my Steam credentials on the SteamCMD console, after which "app_update 90" run successfully. I set "mod" to "valve", as I want to run an HLDM server.

What's the reason behind this? Is it an error or a purposeful change? It makes automated installs significantly more troublesome. I have a Dockerfile which installs HLDS while building a customized HLDM image, but now it fails to compose. Anyone else run into this?

Best regards,
MegaBrutal