Does anyone know why Valve is not offering the opportunity to host a 128 tick server? I mean, it's our own hardware, why not unlock it to it's full potential?

I found this article as well:

https://bo3.gg/news/valve-declares-war-to-faceit-switching-all-cs2-servers-to-the-same-tickrate

Is this really true?