I want to create a <table-plus> searchable and sortable table, as in
the Agility tutorial,

But I want to create this table on the index page, so the index method
would be defined in the front_controller.

The method used in the tutorial doesn't seem to explain how everything
works, and I can't seem to get this functionality on the home screen,
I'm seeing many errors depending on how the method is organised, such
as
'undefined method - find_instance', and parse_sort_params etc

(from front_controller)
def index
        @project = find_instance

        @stories =
                @project.stories.apply_scopes(:search   =>[params[:search],
:title],

:order_by => parse_sort_param(:title, :status))
                                                                        end

This is exactly as in the tutorial, but will not work when everything
is defined for the front 'index' page.

I'm thinking there must be something wrong in the routes, but any
suggestions would be very welcome!!