Hi Paul!

I'm unsure which first element you are, the first response rendered on
the page or the first attachment rendered on each response.

Unfortunately, your pastie link with the HTML doesn't seem to work at
the moment.

Without testing it myself, I think the problem might be a double form issue:

  <form with= '&response'>
      <delete-button

delete-button is creating a form inside of an existing form. And I think
this can have unexpected results.

Why do you need that "form with= '&response'"? Can you remove it?

Warm regards,
Ignacio