Ok, let's get into this.
If your image looks like this:

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-MEuFLb7b41I/Vav0Au3_fAI/AAAAAAAAAbw/UON00V8xlBY/s1600/Bildschirmfoto-3.png>
that is not an unprintable character box, but an issue in bootstrap-sass
3.3.5, where there seems to be a problem with the character derivation.
E.g. glyphicon-euro works, glyphicon-search gives a diamond. ... waaah
(sorry ;-) )  ....
So I started upgrading to 3.3.5.1, but now we'll have to upgrade sass-rails
as well (just remove it from the Gemfile and hobo_bootstrap will require
5.0.3.
(I hope that won't cause issues somewhere else ...)

So could you pull hobo_bootstrap again and see if the glyphicons are fixed?

I will look into the other items tomorrow, those should be just small css
fixes ...

If you want to fix them yourself, I think the way is to folk my repo fix it
in the bootstrap3 branch in the css (or if it is dryml stuff, than there as
well) and send a pull request to me.

Cheers, Stefan