[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Does anyone really believe that some one with Hans experience and expertise has problems reading music with many flats or sharps?
... As an reason for transposing, this is the most lame of the lot.

I think you have confused the words "not easy" with "too difficult."

While Hans--and many of the rest of us--can surely read parts with many accidentals without difficulty, it's still easier to read a part with few accidentals and transpose. It's simply a matter of convenience.

Many amateur musicians who prefer transposed parts do it for the same reason: reading the F part with lots of accidentals is easier (for them) than transposing at sight.

So each musician must ask the question: in the long term, will it be easier to learn to transpose at sight, or will it be easier to find/write a part transposed to F for me?

Greg