I remember playing Mozart's opera "Il Re Pastore" and it has 4 horns, each
one crooked in a different key.  We were using hand horns and it really did
mess with my sense of where I was. It's easy to get kind of comfortable on hand
horn with knowing what part of the chord you have just by looking, but on this
opera there would be, say a written C, but it ends up being the 7th of the
chord.  Not terribly difficult, but it took a little extra attention!  Maybe
some kind of perfect pitch would have helped.

- Steve Mumford