From:   Scott [SMTP:gunartdot...@yahoo.com]
Sent:   Thursday, November 04, 2010 4:35 PM
To:     HPDesignJet_Printers@yahoogroups.com
Subject:        [HPDesignJet_Printers] UPDATE: They told me my DJ130 needs a
new
carriage assembly?

>I brought my 130 into a HP certified repair shop and they confirmed that
it does need a new CARRIAGE ASSEMBLY WITH >TRAILING CABLE - for about
$500-600.  Needless to say I'm not happy.

>I found a refurbish CARRIAGE ASSEMBLY WITH TRAILING CABLE for about $150.
and I have a repair manual, so I might >>take a try at repairing myself.

>If this attempt fails, what is a good reliable lower end HP printer?  Or
should I defect and look at Epsons or Canons?

--- In HPDesignJet_Printers@yahoogroups.com, "Scott" <gunartdot...@...>
wrote:

> My lightly used 130 is giving printhead error messages(blinking tips on
the LCD screen) on 3 brand new printheads (supplied by HP for in-warranty
printheads)

> The tech told me the main carriage assembly must be at fault from wear
and tear (he said at first, until I told him the printer has saw very light
use, then it was because of the light use it went bad!)

> They want $599. for next day service or $509. for 3 day service. I'm
going to call my local HP service center for a quote tomorrow.

> Questions: Does the techs diagnoses sound correct? Is there any checks
that can be done to verify the diagnoses?

> Thanks in advance

 << File: ATT00006.htm >>

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional