On 04/26/2013 05:42 AM, markvuleta wrote:
> Hello
>
> Not sure if anyone can assist or not.
>
> I have a Z2100 24 inch printer and have been trying to set up a new
> canvas paper.
>
> Following the instructions from the supplier, I need to be able to turn
> off the cutter from the HP Utility.
>
> However, when I do this, the utility says that I need to configure the
> E-mail server to complete the task.
>
> When I go into trying to configure it, it asks me for an IP address of
> the outgoing mail server (SMPT). Does anyone know where this is
> available from?
>
> My other question is regarding the printers E-mail address. I presume
> this can be anything and that it is just used to identify that the
> E-mail has come from the printer??
>
> Running Windows 7 64 bit on a small home network (via ADSL router) HP
> Utility is version 1.14.2.1 Printer is Model Q6675A Firmware is
> TR8-TR_8.0.0.5
>
> Thank you is anticipation.
>
> Regards
>
> Mark Vuleta

The IP address is shown in the printer's own panel when it is started
up. Normally the software should check that address when utility is
installed but you can add it manually as well. Sometimes the connection
between printer and system is lost, a fresh restart of the printer is
the best remedy usually, for other issues too.

If you create a custom media preset for the canvas it would be normal to
start from an existing HP canvas media preset that has the cutter
disabled already.

E-mail or URL is only needed for the accounting part of HP Utility with
a Z2100-PS version I think. There have been comments that it does not
work on Z3100s.

--
Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst Dinkla

http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
December 2012: 500+ inkjet media paper white spectral plots.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: