dwelch91 wrote:

> hpssd loads all the .xml files in a somewhat random order looking for
> the target model.

If there are never 2 files with contradicting entries about the
printer's features (ideally every printer mentioned only one time) there
will be no problem, but if HPLIP-0.9.6.xml tells that the fax in PSC 950
 is not supported but HPLIP-0.9.8.xml fax in this printer is supported,
then it will happen randomly that sometimes you can fax on the PSC 950
and sometimes not. This would be a bug. Can you check this? Perhaps one
should read the files in the order of their version number, so that the
data record of newer version gets priority.

> I just use grep to locate what I am looking for:
>
> src/data/xml$ grep -R K550 *
>
> ... snip ...
>
> HPLIP-0.9.6.xml:<model name="Officejet_Pro_K550">
>
> ... snip ...

So I let printerdrake read them all one after the other.

   Till