Hello,

On Feb 26 10:32 Johannes Meixner wrote (shortened):
> The PPD "HP PhotoSmart C6100 Foomatic/hpijs (recommended)"
> has typos regarding the paper formats "4x6 inch index card"
> and "5x7 inch index card".

It is a general problem:

I find "PageSize Photo/Photo/4x6 inch index card"
in 416 PPDs in the newest HPLIP.

When I search in all PPDs in the newest HPLIP for
'PageSize [^/]*/[^/]*/[^:]*:'
I find the following wrong media size settings:

PageSize CDDVD120/CD/DVD 120 mm:
PageSize CDDVD80/CD/DVD 80 mm:
PageSize Photo5x7/Photo/5x7 inch index card:
PageSize Photo/Photo/4x6 inch index card:

They should be something like

PageSize CDDVD120/CD or DVD 120 mm:
PageSize CDDVD80/CD or DVD 80 mm:
PageSize Photo5x7/Photo 5x7 inch index card:
PageSize Photo4x6/Photo 4x6 inch index card:

I.e. avoid the '/' character in the translation string.

According to the Adobe PPD specification, a '/' character in the
translation string seems to be allowed (see page 26 of the spec.)
because the translation string starts after the first '/' and
ends at ':' or newline so that this might be a bug in CUPS
(I tested both CUPS 1.1 and CUPS 1.2 - none shows such options).

At least to be on the safe side and avoid problems, I recommend
not to use a '/' character in the translation string.

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
AG Nuernberg, HRB 16746, GF: Markus Rex