Hi.

Since upgrading to HPLIP v1.7.7 I can finally use my HP C4180
scanner/printer device for scanning, but the outcome is rather ugly.

In order to give the developers the possibility, to "see" what I'm
talking about, I've prepared some image samples:

http://www.das-werkstatt.com/c4180/

These noisy-artifacts around the edges seem rather strange and
unnatural, so I thought I'd post this issue here.
Maybe someone could tell me if that's normal or not - or if that could
be fixed somehow (settings?).

Thanks,
PB