You are missing the libgphoto dependency.

Please go here
http://hplip.sourceforge.net/install/manual/distros/novell.html

Or use the automatic installer to ensure your system is configured
correctly.

On 7/7/07, Chuck Hast <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I too got this error. I am running SuSE Linux 10.2
I ran make and found at the very end (appears so at least) this error:
taquito:/home/kp4djt/hplip-2.7.6 # make
/bin/sh ./libtool --tag=CC --mode=link gcc  -g -O2   -o hpmudext.la
-rpath /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages -module -avoid-version
hpmudext_la-hpmudext.lo libhpmud.la -lsane -lusb -lcups -lnetsnmp
-lcrypto -ldl -ljpeg -lm -lpthread
gcc -shared  .libs/hpmudext_la-hpmudext.o  -Wl,--rpath
-Wl,/home/kp4djt/hplip-2.7.6/.libs ./.libs/libhpmud.so
/usr/lib/libsane.so /usr/lib/libusb.so -lcups /usr/lib/libnetsnmp.so
-lcrypto -ldl -ljpeg -lm -lpthread  -Wl,-soname -Wl,hpmudext.so -o
.libs/hpmudext.so
creating hpmudext.la
/usr/bin/sed: can't read /usr/lib/libgphoto2.la: No such file or directory
libtool: link: `/usr/lib/libgphoto2.la' is not a valid libtool archive
make: *** [hpmudext.la] Error 1
taquito:/home/kp4djt/hplip-2.7.6 # make >

It appears that all else is there, it went through all else without even a
small
burp. It recognized my distro and did all else just fine just this one
error.

--
Chuck Hast  -- KP4DJT --
To paraphrase my flight instructor;

I don't care, I'm still free.  You can't take the sky from me. - Firefly
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - Einstein