On 10/12/2007 11:37 AM, Jim and Delilah wrote:
> Every bootup I need to open it with kdesu hp-toolbox and go to the last
> tab and click Start Printer so the printer changes from Stopped to the
> proper Idle stat.  I have just installed SUSE 10.3 and I don't know
> who's bug this is.

Is your printer on when you boot, or do you turn it on later?  I am
running a Officejet 5610 with 10.3 (and used to have a PSC2175 from
9.1-10.2 and I never saw nor had the problem you refer to.  I always
leave my printer on since it powers down to a sleep state by itself.
> It is a common problem:
> http://suseforums.net/index.php?showtopic=39395

First I heard of it.  Perhaps you might get some answers here or the
opensuse list.

--
Joe Morris