> I tried to send a fax using hp-sendfax with my Officejet 7210
> from Fedora 7 and they appear to be sent fine, but the received
> faxes are of very poor quality. They look like an edge detection
> algorithm was run on them because large block letters
> have only edges. So far, the only faxes I've tried to send
> were jpg files scanned in from the same Officejet. The jpg
> files look fine before being faxed but are unacceptable
> on the other end. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

I tried sending more faxes with and updated version of hplip (2.7.9).
I'm having the same problem when I try to send a fax.  I converted
a one page pdf file to a jpg file and tried to fax it.  I received 4 fax
pages with cropped lines and "hollow" letters (only edges).  When
I tried faxing the pdf file directly, the text looked fine, but only the
first line showed up.  Is there a way to preconvert and view the
fax pages so I can see what is going to be faxed?

Thanks...

             David