Hello!

My OS is OpenSuse 10.3 and I installed my HP Photosmart C4180.
HPLIP is running, the printer works, but HP Device Manager has no contact to
the printer.
When running:
hp-info

HP Linux Imaging and Printing System (ver. 2.7.7)
Device Information Utility ver. 3.4

Copyright (c) 2001-7 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, LP
This software comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
This is free software, and you are welcome to distribute it
under certain conditions. See COPYING file for more details.

warning: Inrecognized URI: usb://Lexmark/Z25-Z35
Using device: hp:/usb/Photosmart_C4100_series?serial=MY69MG11PP04J7

hp:/usb/Photosmart_C4100_series?serial=MY69MG11PP04J7

error: Unable to communicate with device (code=12):
hp:/usb/Photosmart_C4100_series?serial=MY69MG11PP04J7
error: Error opening device (Device not found). Exiting.

How to make communication between printer and Device Manager?

Thanks for helping!

Katharina Kühnöhl.