On Mon, 15 Jan 2001, Evelio Martinez wrote:

> Now, I do not understand anything.  I have run the same command  but
> with  "-u user:password" and now htdig  finds out all the  .doc and
>.pdf files and creates the link.
[snip]
> Has something to do with Apache conf ?

Yes. If you need the -u flag or the authorization attribute, then you have
a password-protected site. If you don't supply the password, then htdig
will index very little.

> The next problem to solve will be the character set.

Have you taken a look at the FAQ? For example,
<http://www.htdig.org/FAQ.html#q4.10>

> but it ignores the Windows 2000 server.

Are these also password-protected? If so, are they using the "Basic"
authentication scheme?

--
-Geoff Hutchison
Williams Students Online