According to Loys Masquelier:
> I want to check that it is not possible to index a list of changed files
> without reindexing all the data.
> In fact the situation is that I know that that list of files needs to be
> reindexed and I want to do that as fast as possible.

You may be out of luck with the current version.  However, doing an update
dig is usually much, much faster than reindexing from scratch.  htdig will
ask the server for each document in the database, but only if it's been
modified since the last indexing run, so it can do this pretty quickly.

There was talk of adding to the 3.2 code a feature whereby you can tell
htdig not to recheck all the indexed documents, but only check a given
list of URLs.  I don't remember if this feature is already in the current
development snapshots.

--
Gilles R. Detillieux              E-mail: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>