Hi guys,

I am happy to announce that I solve most of the problems that my patch brought into ht://Dig sources before I came to Australia.

Now I can successfully run 'make check' on all of the compile farm's workstations (except Darwin, where I don't have an account - I used to!). Here is the summary:

   - AMD64 Linux 2.4;
   - Alpha Linux 2.2;
   - RedHat Linux 7.3 (Kernel 2.4);
   - SPARC Ultra60 Linux 2.4;
   - Sparc - R220 Sun Solaris (5.8).

Basically, what I have done is to get rid of the 'partial' replacement functions I had put into the sources because they caused linkage problems under Solaris; maybe, in the future, we could think of adding replacement functions as the GNU Lib portability project suggests.

I also had a problem when compiling a not shared libstdc++ under Solaris, and I had to slightly change the configure scripts in order to add the '-mimpure-text' linker flag for GCC.

Finally I just tried and make the 'make dist' feature work, as we've never made it work under ht://Dig - AFAIK.

In order to make it work, I had to modify some Makefile.am files and change the htdoc/cf_generate.pl in order to accept a parameter holding the name of the top source directory. There are other things that need to be fixed, especially as far as the 'test' and 'libhtdig' directories are concerned. I will post some specific messages afterwards anyway - as they are not *urgent*.

Please let me know if everything is ok, especially under Mac OSX which I haven't been able to test.

Ciao and thanks,
-Gabriele
--
Gabriele Bartolini: Web Programmer, ht://Dig & IWA/HWG Member, ht://Check maintainer
Current Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia