On Fri, 3 Oct 2003, Steve Eidemiller wrote:

> Hi Lachlan,
>
> Thanks for the suggestion :-)  I tried it in all the environments I listed earlier,
> but it didn't appear to work using the default settings for the compression flags.
> Here's what htdb_dump reports for all attempts:
>
> ================
> C:\htdig\bin>htdb_dump -Wz -p c:/htdig/var/htdig/db.words.db
> htdb_dump: open: c:/htdig/var/htdig/db.words.db: No such file or directory
>
> C:\htdig\bin>htdb_dump -W -p c:/htdig/var/htdig/db.words.db
> htdb_dump: c:/htdig/var/htdig/db.words.db: file size not a multiple of the pages
> ize

  This is strange given the above error.  IF this error is accurate it's a
harbinger of bad values in the DB.  I have fixed this and thought I
checked it in!  Basically I tracked the state of the file pointer and at
somepoint the system twesks it to 'text' mode, and this hoses the DB.

I'll check CVS to see if I got that fix in.  If the fix is in CVS, then
its a new bug!

> On Fri, 3 Oct 2003 02:51, Steve Eidemiller wrote:
> > I'm compiling htdig-3.2.0b4-20090928 under Cygwin 1.5.5 using gcc
> > 3.3.1, on both Windows XP Pro SP1 and Windows 2000 Server SP4.
> > db.words.db is always a zero length file
>
> --
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> ht://Dig developer DownUnder  (http://www.htdig.org)
> __________________________________
>
> Confidentiality Statement:
> This email/fax, including attachments, may include confidential and/or proprietary
> information and may be used only by the person or entity to which it is addressed.
> If the reader of this email/fax is not the intended recipient or his or her agent,
> the reader is hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of
> this email/fax is prohibited. If you have received this email/fax in error, please
> notify the sender by replying to this message and deleting this email or destroying
> this facsimile immediately.

Neal Richter
Knowledgebase Developer
RightNow Technologies, Inc.