I am using Catalyst and the Authentication plugin to handle logins. I have a field called status which I use to determine if the account has been activated or not. The three settings for this field are 'Active', 'Disabled' and 'Requested'.
How can I securely set the field to 'Requested' from the registration page?

If I create a hidden field called 'status' and set it to 'Disabled' in the .yml, then couldn't someone on the web could submit a request where the field has been set to 'Active'? i am looking for some way to set the field to Requested in the subroutine that calls the page, rather than on the page itself.

I know it's easy, but I can't figure it out.