On 4/26/24 23:43, 'Kay F. Jahnke' via hugin and other free panoramic software wrote:
On 27.04.24 11:04, David W. Jones wrote:

On April 26, 2024 10:35:22 PM HST, "'Kay F. Jahnke' via hugin and other free panoramic software" <hugin-ptx@googlegroups.com> wrote:

I think 'Panini Perspective Tool' made an attempt ...

I think I found their site:

<https://github.com/lazarus-pkgs/panini>

well found - I last saw their site on sourceforge. I tried the AppImage. They have a menu point to open a PT file, but then it only pops up a small window 'to be implemented'. So much for that...

And I tried a full spherical, it did not work right. But you see what they were aiming at.

When I tried to navigate to a PTO file, I got repeated error messages about not being able to create a collator. It then froze up without opening anything.

Perhaps those are issues in 0.73 that are fixed in 0.74, but they don't build or test on Debian or Debian derivatives. And I don't feel like going through the compilation process just to see.

Not very active. The most recent AppImage is 0.73 from 2019. Didn't see anything about a 'pro' version.

Seems to be all FOSS now. Even though I never managed to get it to work for me, it was an inspiration. Also mathmap, remember that?

https://www.complang.tuwien.ac.at/schani/mathmap/
Never heard of it before!
I once wrote to them telling them thank you and that they were an inspiration, but nothing ensued.

I checked their site, they don't offer a Linux binary anymore. When they did, it was tied to OpenSUSE

It looks like nothing is going on about fixing their "technical hiccup" with their Linux build.

Oh, well! Moral of the story: Don't do personal and/or hobby projects through your employer's account.

Now I have lux. I think I'm better off.

Not perfect, but it works. 😉

--
David W. Jones
gnomeno...@gmail.com

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hugin-ptx/d1d37a5a-4756-486c-b7e5-729ec7314a95%40gmail.com.
  • [hugin-ptx] Re... 'kfj' via hugin and other free panoramic software
    • [hugin-pt... 'kfj' via hugin and other free panoramic software
      • Re: [... David W. Jones
        • R... 'kfj' via hugin and other free panoramic software
          • ... Maarten Verberne
            • ... 'kfj' via hugin and other free panoramic software
          • ... David W. Jones