It works!

3372 frames in 5.0 seconds = 674.381 FPS
3609 frames in 5.0 seconds = 721.780 FPS
[VGL] ERROR: in readback--
[VGL]    362: Window has been deleted by window manager
luis@luis-XPS-L501X:~$

I'm using a Dell XPS 15, with an nvidia GT520M (I think), i5 pre sandy bridge (i think :P)

Glxgears doesn't run on intel, i think it ran before, i don't know. But with vglrun it works at 720 FPS

Just an adjustement. I had to change xorg.conf to match the PCI ID from lspci

luis@luis-XPS-L501X:~$ cat /etc/X11/xorg.conf | grep PCI
    BusID          "PCI:2:0:0"
    BusID          "PCI:0:2:0"
luis@luis-XPS-L501X:~$ lspci | grep VGA
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Core Processor Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 18)
02:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation Device 0df1 (rev a1)
luis@luis-XPS-L501X:~$

Also, another tip. In KDE you can set a file association for the executable files and desktop files to open them in vglrun.

Is there a way to find if it's working as expected?