Date sent:              Tue, 15 Jan 2002 12:25:52 -0500
Subject:                Leno, Letterman

             Copyright 2002 Bulletin Broadfaxing Network, Inc.
                         The Bulletin's Frontrunner

                              January 15, 2002

   SECTION: Last Laughs
   LENGTH: 937 words
   HEADLINE: Late Night Political Humor.
   BODY:

   Jay Leno:

   "We had quite a scare over the weekend -- Bush was watching TV,
   munching on some pretzels, when he choked on one of them and
fainted.
   Isn't that scary? All of this time worried about Osama bin Laden,
   turns out he was almost done in by Mr. Salty."

   Jay Leno:
   "The minute Bush passed out, you know, they ran to get Dick
Cheney
   and then they realized no one could remember the undisclosed
location
   he was hiding in."

   Jay Leno:
   "As you know, former President Clinton's dog, Buddy got run over
by a
   car recently. That was very sad. And Hillary said today she feels
   terrible because she was aiming at Bill, she didn't even realize."

   Jay Leno:
   "Good news and bad news about the airline industry. The good
news,
   planes are full. They are packed. That's good. The bad news, they're
   filled with al Qaeda prisoners going to Cuba."

   Jay Leno:
   "I guess today, more al Qaeda and Taliban prisoners were flown to
   Guantanamo Bay in Cuba, and on the plane, they are sedated, they
are
   drugged, their feet bound, chained to the chair, or as Continental
   calls it, coach, basically."

   Jay Leno:
   "And starting next month, airline passengers will have to pay $10
   extra for increased security. You get a lot of security for ten
   bucks. So they kind of frisk you for a little bit longer. It's ten
   bucks to be felt and rubbed by a stranger, basically. Still a better
   deal than Hollywood Boulevard."

   David Letterman:

   "I've had a check-up and my heart is running as smoothly as an
Enron
   document shredder."

   David Letterman:

   "Just about now, a military tribunal is convicting a pretzel."

   David Letterman:

   "Yesterday in the White House, President George W. Bush was
watching
   a football game and eating pretzels. He got it wedged in his throat
   or something and the poor guy blacked out and hit the ground. He
was
   out for like four seconds. Fortunately, it was the four seconds that
   Dick Cheney was conscious yesterday."

   David Letterman:
   "Everybody is making jokes about President Bush choking on a
pretzel,
   but I want to say something in his defense. It was one of those
   twisty kind."

   David Letterman:

   "Today, Homeland Security Chief Tom Ridge issued and all-points-
   bulletin for Mr. Salty."

   David Letterman:

   "This is no laughing matter, Bush had a cut on his forehead and his
   cheek was bruised. And this President isn't even married to Hillary."

   David Letterman:

   "This, of course, is not the first choking episode at the White
   House. The last time, the President actually got caught in someone
   else's throat."

   LOAD-DATE: January 15, 2002

THE END

This email was sent to: archive@jab.org