Thanks! Yeah, the problem is that askpass specifies size flags in
WM_SIZE_HINTS, but doesn't set useful values (it just says 0x0). i3 then
falls back to the floating minimum size, which by default is 75x50. You
should file this as a bug against keepass. keepass should either not set
these flags in the size hints or give them a reasonable value.

It should be noted that these values in the size hints are considered
obsolete[1], but that doesn't mean they won't (or shouldn't) be
interpreted. That's what the flag mask is for. :)

[1]
https://tronche.com/gui/x/xlib/ICC/client-to-window-manager/wm-normal-hints.html

Ingo