I am not sure of my arithmetic. Six mentors at $500 is $3000, so 10% is $300 and 5% is $150. Leaving $2550 or $255 per mentor.

Tony

On 05/18/2016 02:37 PM, Dave Crossland wrote:

Hi

On 18 May 2016 at 04:15, Tony Anderson <tony_ander...@usa.net <mailto:tony_ander...@usa.net>> wrote:

    In the case of the GSOC stipend, I assume the total amount is
    transferred to SugarLabs. That amount is based on the number of
    slots (6) and not on
    the number of mentors.

Yes, the total is based on that, but the fraction due to each mentor is not, because we have more mentors than slots.

    The amount is fixed per slot ($500). So SFC would take $250

Why would SFC take 50%?

    and SugarLabs would take $125.

Why would SL take 25%

    This would result in a balance of $2625 or $262.50 per each of the
    ten mentors. Each mentor could individually decide to request the
    $262.50 or leave it in the General Fund.

:)

    In the case of the membership donation. It appears to be a
    donation since there is no penalty. I think it should be a
    donation request with the amounts

    as an 'expectation'.

I don't understand. It is called a donation, and thus it is _de facto_ a donation request.

If you would like to amend the text I drafted, please use the suggestions feature of Google Docs.

If you would like to see donations solicited in totally different way, please draft a counter motion and post it.

    I don't understand the 'rewards' for larger donations. What is a
    release codename?

Its a long tradition in software projects to have names for releases; Microsoft's codenames in the 90s were cities - Windows 95 was Cairo - and most major free software projects use them:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DevelopmentCodeNames
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/History_of_Fedora_release_names
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firefox_release_history

    More importantly, I think the first step is to provide a simple
    way for members or non-members to donate to support Sugar Labs. Is
    this paypal, credit card or ....  Is this something that SFC must
    provide or can SugarLabs do this on its own?

The donate link on the wiki was not working, I didn't retrieve a working link yet, but when I do I will get it back on the website :) I'd be very grateful if you could help with this :D

--
Cheers
Dave