Santos to acquire Novus' Indonesian and Cooper Basin Assets
8/03/04 By: Andrew Nelson

Santos Limited (STO) announced today that it had entered into an agreement
with Sunov Petroleum Pty Ltd to acquire Novus Petroleum's (NVS) Indonesian
and Cooper Basin assets. The agreement is conditional on Sunov's offer for
Novus being successful.

Santos is now set to acquire Novus' 25% interest in the Kakap PSC, Novus'
50% interest in the Brantas PSC, both in Indonesia, and Novus' interests
in the Cooper Basin for a total cash consideration, of US$192 million. The
sale would be adjusted for an effective date of 1 January 2004 and would
include additional consideration linked to reserves upside in the Wunut
field, which is capped at US$10 million.

Santos' Managing Director, Mr John Ellice-Flint, said the agreement to
acquire Novus' Indonesian and Cooper Basin assets represented a
continuation of Santos' strategy to grow its Indonesian and Australian gas
businesses.

Mr Ellice-Flint also said the acquisition, if it proceeds, would be both
earnings and cash-flow accretive to Santos.

This transaction is one of many asset acquisition opportunities that are
regularly brought to us to consider in the course of our business.

If Sunov is successful, it will enable us to supplement our portfolio with
those parts of the Novus portfolio that suit our objectives and do so in a
cooperative manner, he concluded.

Shares in Santos lost 3c to $5.90 on Friday's trading.
http://www.egoli.com.au/egoli/egoliNewsViewsPage.asp?PageID={21ED9B19-1C6C-4CE3-9E4B-163BB39982B7}

Kirim email ke