using sybase with IBatis to call a store procedure results in an error.(null
pointer exception)

At first I thought Ibatis could not handle stored procedure without output
params but this was not the case.

The issue seems to be with Sybase's jdbc code.

To fix the issue I changed the following 2 lines in executeQueryProcedure in
SqlExecutor.java:

 //     cs.execute();

 //     rs = cs.getResultSet();  //this was throwing the exception the boolean
from execute () returns true correctly

         rs = cs.executeQuery();

I was able to reproduce this issue outside of ibatis with different jdbc
drivers from sybase(including the latest).  I have reported the bug to sybase
but have not heard back.  (Sybase documentation judiciously only uses
executeQuery in its examples and not execute.)

This issue only seems particular to callable statements as the naked query
outside the stp worked with Ibatis.

Could Ibatis be changed via the proposed fix without other repercussions?

please advise if this change is acceptable.  This issue also addresses the post
on "RE: Problem with stored procedure and resultMap or resultClass?"

thanks

Dhruv

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com