Hi,

I may be saying something really stupid but, well, progress comes
along with a lot of stupid questions :)

Let's suppose you have a class or interface loaded with plenty of
constants. If i create a type alias for that, can i use it in my sql
maps using the dot notation?

For instance:

public class MyConstants {

    public static String CONSTANT_1 = "blah";
    public static String CONSTANT_2 = "blah2";

}

In my sql maps i'd have a type alias for that class:

<typeAlias name="constants" type="MyConstants"/>

And in any sql map something like that:

<select ....>
  select * from foo where blah = #constants.CONSTANT_1#
</select>

Is that possible?

If not, how hard would be to implement it by creating an import
attribute for maps, for example?

So we would have:

<select  parameterMap="x" import="MyConstants">
   ... use MyConstants properties in here
</select>

And, inspired by all the sci-fi i had watched, maybe this import
attribute would allow me to even call static methods on those classes.

Opinions? Am I on crack?

Cheers,
Daniel Silva.