#1 not intentionally

#2 I'm not sure what xml generation has to do with this issue. Maybe i
am misunderstanding you. If you are developing a web application you
will have to do something like what was provided if you want
individuals to use their own username and password for database
access. Considering you work with connection pools there is no easy
way to add a username and password to the connection and maintain
security without doing what the link mentioned. So, this is not an
issue with iBatis as much as it is an issue with pooled connections.

Brandon