On Tue, 2 Aug 2005 11:28:49 -0500, McKown, John
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>We are running z/OS 1.4 (1.6 Q4, I think). I have the "free" HTTPD
>server running. Our management wants to "integrate" (more or less) the
>creation and deletion of userids. What they want is for the Windows
>people to be more-or-less responsible for adding most users (non-Tech
>Services, basically). Using the free HTTPD server, I have created a
>series of Web pages which are RACF secured. These pages accept the
>required information and do the actual RACF functions in a CGI. OK, I
>haven't really done all of that yet, just the "proof of concept" in that
>I don't actually issue the RACF commands.

John,

I've created some Java LDAP client classes that can update RACF users. I
use them in servlet pages to do password resets and such, I haven't tried
creating a completely new userid, but I imagine it would be a fairly easy
extension. If you have Java programmers on staff and want to consider this
as an alternative, contact me offline and I'll see if I can get an OK to
share the code.

-Rob Wunderlich