That depends on how important data integrity is to you.
97 indicates that the last user of the file did not close it properly.
The mechanics of the file (index/CI/CA) structure is valid.
It does not insure that all of the buffers were written to the file when it was
not closed.
I.E. - you may be missing data.

Dennis Roach
GHG Corporation
Lockheed Martin Mission Services
Facilities Design and Operations Contract
NASA/JSC
Address:
   2100 Space Park Drive
   LM-15-4BH
   Houston, Texas 77058
Mail:
   P.O. Box 58487
   Mail Code H4C
   Houston, Texas 77258
Phone:
   Voice:  (281)336-5027
   Cell:   (713)591-1059
   Fax:    (281)336-5410
E-Mail:  dennis.ro...@lmco.com

All opinions expressed by me are mine and may not agree with my employer or any
person, company, or thing, living or dead, on or near this or any other planet,
moon, asteroid, or other spatial object, natural or manufactured, since the
beginning of time.