They didn't use RFC 1149, which specifies "The IP datagram is printed, on
a small scroll of paper, in hexadecimal, with each octet separated by
whitestuff and blackstuff."

As so often happens, technology outraces standards.

--
Jack Hamilton
Management Information & Analysis

NOTE:  This email document and attachments are covered by CA Evidence Code
§1157 and CA Health and Safety Code §1370.

NOTICE TO RECIPIENT:  If you are not the intended recipient of this
e-mail, you are prohibited from sharing, copying, or otherwise using or
disclosing its contents.  If you have received this e-mail in error,
please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and permanently
delete this e-mail and any attachments without reading, forwarding or
saving them.  Thank you.

"Shmuel Metz (Seymour J.)" <shmuel+ibm-m...@patriot.net>
Sent by: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu>
09/14/2009 01:10 PM
Please respond to
IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu>

IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
cc

Subject
Re: [IBM-MAIN] Carrier Pigeon beats Internet Speed

In <a30a9f528e618748a8ef5199e80c4a1c69a...@wkpp1infmb03.cbsh.com>, on
09/11/2009
at 02:00 PM, "Kelman, Tom" <thomas.kel...@commercebank.com> said:

>Subject: Carrier Pigeon beats Internet Speed