Hi Ron,
I am sorry but I don't understand what you mean.

We are a software development company so our work has no standard at
all. It changes from day to day depending on what the developers are
doing. We have a 2096 n02 which gives us 2 106(?) mips CP's. We have to
run our sysplex testing by running sysplex under z/VM.
We have the opportunity to hopefully get a 2098 g04, each processor will
have 62.5 Mips (?) per CP. As I would like to be able to create a real
sysplex and play around with various configurations I believe hat 4 CP's
would be a very good idea. The PTB's are unsure and are worried that
having CP's will be a big overhead. I don't know where they get this
feeling.

I would like opinions,  as to even worst case, we would be worse off if
I kept current LPAR lay out on 4 CP's as against 2 CP's where all LPARs
share CP's equally. I can't be very precise because the target changes
day to day

Crispin Hugo
Systems Programmer, Macro 4
<http://www.macro4.com/>
Macro 4 plc, The Orangery, Turners Hill Road, Worth, Crawley, RH10 4SS
Direct Line: +44 (0)1293 872121 Switchboard: +44 (0) 1293 872000
Fax: +44 (0) 1293 872001
the