Columbia should be just fine according to wikipedia!
Col'o'mbia is already taken ;)

---------------------
Columbia
>From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Not to be confused with Colombia, the country in South America.

Columbia (name) is a poetic name for America (in the sense of "European
colonies in the New World"), and the feminine personification of the United
States of America.
---------------------

--
Maarten

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] Namens Kelman,
Tom
Verzonden: dinsdag 27 juli 2010 14:50
Aan: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Onderwerp: Re: United Statesians (was C-I-C-S vs KICKS)

So, what do we in the United States of America call ourselves.  We've been
called "Americans", "Americanos", or some other variation probably every since
we became a country.  However, I was in Bolivia one year and when I said to one
of the Bolivians that I was an American he said "You know that we're Americans
also", and I thought "You know, he's right."
There is a song "Columbia, the Gem of the Ocean" and another "Hail, Columbia"
which were unofficial national anthems until "The Star Spangled Banner" became
official.  "Hail Columbia" is still the official song to announce the entry of
the Vice President.  Maybe we should change the name of the country to
Columbia.  Oh, wait, that name is already taken.

Tom Kelman

ATTENTION:
The information in this electronic mail message is private and
confidential, and only intended for the addressee. Should you
receive this message by mistake, you are hereby notified that
any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or use of this
message is strictly prohibited. Please inform the sender by
reply transmission and delete the message without copying or
opening it.

Messages and attachments are scanned for all viruses known.
If this message contains password-protected attachments, the
files have NOT been scanned for viruses by the ING mail domain.