We are installing a new z10 with a minimal DS6800 in a very small data center
(to replace our venerable MP2003).  Using the SMC, we have configured the
DS6800 with RAID 5 to give us 250GB of usable storage set up as eleven 3390-3s
and the rest as 3390-9s.  (We wanted to use RAID 10 but the system insisted on
keeping two of the DDMs in reserve so we ended up with only 125GB which is not
sufficient.)

I am using the Stand Alone IOCP on the z10 HMC to build the IOCDS.  I have
looked at every DS6800, HMC, IOCP, and HCD manual I could find but I cannot
find any description of how the ADDRESS operand on the IODEVICE statement
relates to the logical volumes on the DS6800.  I have the same problem relating
the CUNUMBER and CUADD operands on the CTLUNIT statement to the physical and
logical control units on the DS6800.

The Customs Offering Driver manual (GI11-2843-04) shows 3390 devices at
addresses D40-D5F.  Obviously I'm missing something but I see no method of
assigning those addresses on the DS6800.  A pointer to the relevant section of
a manual would be greatly appreciated.  Suggestions on how to use RAID 10 would
also be welcome.

Thank you