Not that I want to show my age, but I actually had to do that back on MVS/SP
to provide the highest condition code mods, then IBM changed things a bit
and I was able to develop the exit 8/16 combination that did it, then they
finally added the code themselves.

At the time I was spending a lot of time providing IEBUPDTE jobs to people
who didn't want to have to figure out for themselves where to keep things.
I don't miss that, and my boss at the time went from very proud to really
P.O.ed with the amount of time I spent on the project.

Brian