Juan,

Are you saying the byte for the x'69' is actually being written into the
syslog as x'40', or just that it displays as a blank when you view it?
For SDSF, you might want to take a look at
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/zos/v1r12/topic/com.ibm.zos.r12.isfa500/isffr.htm#isffr
which talks about code pages for SDSF.  There are code pages used for SDSF,
for ISPF, for your terminal emulator, and for printing.  I think a code page
mismatch is a likely explanation.

Regards,
--Roger