That almost sounds like an IODF change that removed an esoteric that IEBCOPY is
using.

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
Thomas David Rivers
Sent: Tuesday, May 10, 2011 11:56 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: IEBCOPY suddently unable to allocate utility data set

Thomas David Rivers wrote:

> For some reason, this morning; IEBCOPY isn't happy.
>
> When I do a TRANSMIT command, I'm now getting this:
>
> INMX040I TRANSMIT command terminated.  Failure in partitioned dataset
> unload using IEBCOPY. + INMX042I Allocation error building OUTPUT file
> IKJ56221I UTILITY DATA SET NOT ALLOCATED, VOLUME NOT AVAILABLE+
> IKJ56221I VOLUME  NECESSARY TO SATISFY YOUR REQUEST NOT ON SYSTEM, AND
> CANNOT BE MOUNTED

To answer some of the questions, here's the TSO TRANSMIT command:

   tso transmit ma.ma ds(dignus.load) outds(load.xmi)

there have been no SMS changes; and this is on a zPDT system... no changes at
all.

The target data set is pre-allocated (the "load.xmi" data set) but I don't
think that's the target of IEBCOPY - it's just the target of TRANSMIT.

I think I need to find out  just what VOLUME IEBCOPY is looking for, but I
can't seem to find any kind of messages detailing the VOLUME... just those I've
cut-n-pasted above.

  - Dave Rivers -

--
riv...@dignus.com                        Work: (919) 676-0847
Get your mainframe programming tools at http://www.dignus.com

lists...@bama.ua.edu with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO Search the archives at
http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html
This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information. If
you think you have received this e-mail in error, please advise the
sender by reply e-mail and then delete this e-mail immediately.
Thank you. Aetna