Pat,

I think the maximum can be increased by changing
MAXIMUM_NUMBER_OF_SPLIT_SCREENS in your installation options.

Scott

On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 2:39 PM, Patrick Lyon <ptl...@midamerican.com>wrote:

> On Mon, 23 May 2011 18:22:13 +0200, Lindy Mayfield
> <lindy.mayfi...@ssf.sas.com> wrote:
>
> >I have been using multiple ISPF screens for many years now, 12 or so.  I
> have memorized what each one is.  Like 1 is edit, 2 is SDSF, 3 is ISHELL, 4
> is
> 3.4 and so on.
> >
> >Problem is that I still cannot figure out how to make PF9 swap between two
> screens that I want.  Let's say I am in ISHELL on number 3 and I want to
> swap to number 6 for example.  I put 6 in the command and hit PF9 and it
> goes there.  Then I hit PF9 and it goes to #2 for example.  I want it to go
> from 6 to 3.  How do I do that?
> >
> >I know it can be done, because I do it accidentally quite often, but even
> after all these years I haven't figured out the pattern.
> >
> >thank you very much
> >Lindy
>
> Lindy, I have been playing here with my sessions and I do not think you can
> do as you'd like unfortunately.
>
> I too use multiple sessions, sometimes I run out of them (the limit being
> 8)!
>
> With my ID I have changed all my PF2 settings to the START command and
> PF9 to SWAP NEXT.
>
> As John pointed out, I do have the SWAPBAR command invoked, and you can
> see the panel names at the bottom of your screen.  If I'm on screen #2 for
> instance, I can type SWAP 5 and it will go to screen 5 (as noted on the
> display with an asterisk next to the screen you are on).
>
> I then can go to all the others using the SWAP n command, but a SWAP PREV
> only takes me back one in the list as noted on the SWAPBAR display.
>
> So I don't think the SWAP command is intuitive enough to know what screen
> you really were previously on.  Sorry!
>
> The SWAPBAR is a neat feature, although I find it cumbersome to tab down to
> the right screen and hit enter to get to it.  It is just faster to hit my
> PF9
> SWAP NEXT command.  Same with SWAP LIST.  My opinion only, of course.
>
> HTH,
> Pat L.

CONFIDENTIALITY/EMAIL NOTICE: The material in this transmission contains
confidential and privileged information intended only for the addressee.
If you are not the intended recipient, please be advised that you have
received this material in error and that any forwarding, copying, printing,
distribution, use or disclosure of the material is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this material in error, please (i) do not read it,
(ii) reply to the sender that you received the message in error, and
(iii) erase or destroy the material. Emails are not secure and can be
intercepted, amended, lost or destroyed, or contain viruses. You are deemed
to have accepted these risks if you communicate with us by email. Thank you.