<snip>
Our CPC (2094-S18-708) now has 8 Physical CP and has 1 production LPAR,
2 maintenance LPARs, 2 ICF LPARs and 2 test LPARs running at the moment.
Currently, all LPARs are equipped with shared CPs and have weight values
assigned. The details are as follows.

production LPAR 1
initial LCP          8
reserved LCP     10
weight             40
</snip>

Are you saying that all LPARs have 8 active(shared)/10 reserved LP's
assigned?

If so, this is a bad thing to do! PR/SM overhead is excessive (only the
active LP's affect the overhead).
The logical/physical ratio should (ROT) not exceed 2 to 1.
I have pushed this to 3 to 1 with some very low activity test LPARs
where performance was not critical.

<snip>
We have referred to the z9 PR/SM planning guide. It's saying we just
need to create new image profiles and deactivate/activate test LPARs.
Then the changes will be available.
</snip>

True, as far as it goes. It ignores the changed LP/CP ratios after
activation. The good news is to regain the former performance, just a
reactivation of the original profiles for the test lpars is required.

<snip>
Now, we plan to assign each test LPARs with 3 dedicated CPs due to some
test requirements. That is to say, the 2 test LPARs will cost 6 physical
CPs in total.
Meanwhile, however, does this operation have any impact on other LPARs
running in the same CPC? For example, do we need to deactive the
production LPAR and change its image profile. Because there will be only
2 PCPs available for it, however, it has 8 LCPs configured.
</snip>

No. IBM does not prevent you from defining more LP's than CP's. However
the overhead becomes excessive when the LP/CP ratio exceeds (2 to 3) to
1.

Just my $0.02.
YMMV,