After activting z/OS V1.12 RSU1106, an STC started to loop every now and
then. It turned out there was a bug in our assembler code reading data
set entries from the catalog using IGGCSI00. The code did not correctly
handle the case when IGGCSI00 marked an entry in the workarea to be
in error. Obviously, this did not happen for the last 10 years as this
is about the age of this piece of code.

I had a look at the samples provided by IBM. The assembler samples do
handle the error indicator but the REXX sample *does not*. While it
would not go into a loop, it may return garbage information.

You might want to have a look at your "IGGCSI00" code, especially if
it is based in the REXX sample in SYS1.SAMPLIB as opposed to some of
the other CSI-REXX code provided by members of this list.

I'll open RCFs and PMRs as appropritate after further analysis.

--
Peter Hunkeler