Hi

I found a C++/assembler program from 1995.
(The assembler to READ VTOC)
It has read the CCW trace , and reported the DSN names and counts from the VTOC.

On 9/14/2011 10:42 PM, Staller, Allan wrote:
I have a DASD volume with very high activity and will be running a CCW
trace to gather diagnostic info. I have all the info I need to run the
trace.

Does anyone have (or can you point me to) the CCW trace reduction
program.
This was a program (basically "PROC FREQ") that reduced the target
address of the seeks, and converted them to an easily readable format.

Does anyone have (or can you point me to) the CCW trace reduction
program.

IBM had it many moons ago and distributed it with fair regularity.
No $$$ for "new tools".

I suppose I can re-write it if push comes to shove.

Thanks in advance,