This sounds like the holiday problem we have here. The country is divided in 3
regions, to spread holidays a little more over time. People living near the
border of a region regularly have problems if their children are on different
schools, lying in different regions, or one or both parents work at schools.
E.g. with the 1 week automn holidays, there is quite a chance you cannot plan
anything, because there is no week where the whole family is free.

Kees.

"Mike Schwab" <mike.a.sch...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Indiana had the worst idea of all.  Some eastern counties had ET (EST
> / EDT), some central counties had EST all year, and some western
> counties had CT (CST / CDT).
>
> Arizona has a bad spot too.  Most of the state is MST all year (too
> have an extra hour in the morning with cool temperatures), but the
> Navaho reservation in NE has MT (MST / MDT), but the Hopi reservation
> within the Navaho reservation is MST all year.
>
> On Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 11:03 AM, Ed Gould <ps2...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >  Tom,
> >
> > I live a few miles from INDIANA and the states split between eastern and
> > central tz and it gets pretty bad for the people there. The zig zag of the
> > state and the people there that I have talked to hate it.
> >
> > Ed
>
> --
> Mike A Schwab, Springfield IL USA
> Where do Forest Rangers go to get away from it all?

e-mail, and delete this message.

33014286