I have opened an ETR with IBM and pretty much found the same thing as
others.  Not well managed.

So I have requested change/enhancement requests.

Here is what IBM has opened on my behalf

MR1110115444 - Need tools to monitor the SHRLIBRGNSIZE usage   SMF records
would help
 MR1110114548 - Need message to indicate that SHRLIBRGNSIZE is full
 MR1110115018 - Need better documentation about the SHRLIBRGNSIZE parm
                and how to manage this area.

Feel free to tag along.

Lizette